Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup - Garnet Chrome: swatch and review!

Hey ya'll! If you follow me on facebook, you'll know I'm in NJ and my aunt was showing me her very very very small nail polish collection lol! She gave me one of my favorite polishes, that I used to have when I was a kid. Anyone remember the Sally Hansen Chrome nail polishes? It's a blast from the past, but here ya go. ;)





This is the amazing Garnet Chrome. (ignore the condition of the bottle, it's been in her collection for years). This bad boy was opaque in ONE COAT. I can't remember if they all had coverage like this, but this one was AH-MAY-ZING. It also dried ridiculously fast. I painted my nails, got up, grabbed my camera from my suit case and dinged my nail right then. There was no ding mark on my nail though. Completely dry. Sweeeeeet! The polish also dried into a crisp and clean metallic. No streaks or anything. Granted, you should buff your nails before using this (don't have my buffer with me), because it will show a few imperfections, like the peeling on my index finger. I wish I could find more of these, because these would be absolutely amazing for stamping, since they're so opaque.

Overall:
I love this polish and wish I had a way to get more. I'll have to search the internet like a mad women, and order as many as I can. If you have any of these left, you are LUCKY and I'm just a tad bit jealous of you....

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm five months late - but I was just digging through my collection and found my Sally Hansen Chromes. I have White Gold, Opal, and Aquamarine. I used the Opal for stamping over Orly's Burried Alive and it looked gold rather than the pinkish color it actually is. Weird.

    ReplyDelete